Search Our Jobs
Focus Market Manager - Refining & Chemical Market
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 18-369 (550/606)
ABOUT THIS JOB: Are you a leader experienced in influencing others? Can you lead a sales effort in a challenging, service-oriented industry? Do you have what it takes to drive others toward sales goals serving complex industrial or manufacturing environments? Do you desire a long-term career with a company that lives its Core Values that include “Profit with a Purpose”? Are you looking to work for the best and to be the best in a place where culture matters? If so, Barnhart could be the company in which your skills and abilities can provide you a great career and help build industry across the USA.
- MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
- NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We are among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 45 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed. Our growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
- ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture. We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration.
Summary of this Opportunity: Barnhart is seeking a Market Manager to drive business development efforts in the Refining and Chemical market with high potential for repeat business. We serve this market with transportation and lifting services to move large components via road, rail and water and we work within all types of operating industrial and energy facilities to remove and replace major machinery that require special tools, skills and innovation.
Key Components of Job Description:
- Research the national Refining and Chemical market trends, coordinating and communicating future opportunities to increase market share through new technology, marketing and sales effort.
- Support the development of effective strategies and drive growth for target accounts in the Refining and Chemical Industry through a network of Strategic Account Managers and Branch sales personnel.
- Coordinate and manage the development of target account structure and organization with focus on identifying key personnel within the Decision-Making Unit.
- Design and initiate marketing campaigns in cooperation with the Marketing Department
- Conduct, support and train sales personnel on effective discovery meetings and presentations at all levels within the account.
- Estimate project costs, develop sound pricing strategies, and write proposals that communicate the value of our solution and manage risks.
- Drive target account activity focusing on Barnhart KPIs.
- Manage target account annual reviews with key customer contacts to assess our performance, and to identify new opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with the Barnhart Sales & Marketing team and provide updates on market and target account progress, opportunities and strategy.
- Maximize market share and grow both revenue and profit
- Accountable to the SVP of Sales and Marketing.
- Seven to ten years of experience preferably in industrial, construction, manufacturing or professional services.
- Sales or Engineering and Management experience.
- Collaborating with Execution or Operation teams.
- Using Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required (technical degree preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on results.
- $1 for $1 match on 401K up to 10% of pay.
- Company vehicle, computer and phone.
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay.
- Significant impact on others.