Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 18-139 (319/338)
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Fabrication Shop Foreman
- Performs various fabrication shop duties including welding, cutting, fitting, and operating equipment such as fork lifts, band saws, shears, drill press, etc.
- Must attend all safety meetings and training sessions
- Will be expect to acquire qualifications in the use of material handling equipment
- Prepares material for fabrication shop duties including cutting and grinding of pieces as well as selection of hand and/or construction/shop drawings
- Responsible for accurate layout and fit-up component parts for final welding assembly using engineered construction/shop drawings
- Some travel to local jobsites as well as occasional out of town travel will be required
- Communication Skills
- High School Graduate or GED
- Driver’s License
- Machine Shop: 2.00+ (years)
Pay range $16-24/hr depending on experience