Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 699/764
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
The Programmer Analyst will be working with internal IT personnel and various business units. The individual will be responsible for understanding the business needs and producing a quality product in a fast-paced environment. The assignments will range from producing reports, custom scripting, application programming, mobile application development, and other analytical duties. Most of the assignments will either be in or integrated with our ERP system.
Under limited supervision, analyze and develop per the business needs, documentation, coordination, and look for opportunities to accelerate the business. Frequently involved in multiple assignments at once. Resolve business problems as they relate to software with a sense of urgency that can range from relatively minor to substantially complex. Provide guidance and understanding of the use on certain applications. The incumbents of this position are expected to perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Design, document, and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization’s strategy and goals.
- Communicate with IT resources and business sponsors to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, time estimate, and request clarification as needed.
- Analyze, Design, develop, and implement custom reporting through our applications.
- Maintain existing custom applications from new requirements to general maintenance and improvements.
- Create and/or modify custom mobile applications.
- Aid in developing requirements, aid in defining scope, set expectations, and preform with a sense of urgency.
- Track and seek resolution for software defects.
- Assist with software evaluations of current and future products, understanding how they may impact other areas.
Ideal Skills/Knowledge Includes
- Microsoft SQL (2008 and greater)
- asp.net mvc
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (excel, outlook, word)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, accounting, computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Requires minimum five (5) years qualifying work experience in an analytical programming role.