Search Our Jobs
Area of Excellence – Trucking Manager
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 537-593
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Provide leadership that is consistent with established Mission Statement and Core Values
- Demonstrate a Servant Leadership Model and promote a “One Team” attitude.
- Support the Branch Team to ensure the safe and profitable work is being performed and growth throughout East Tennessee and the greater Southeast.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Problem solver with creative thinking skills, self-disciplined and self-starting utilizing listener and communication skills.
- Familiarity with customers, service geography, construction sites, service contracting and heavy equipment is required.
- Work with Project Sales Representatives and Engineering to attend job walks, generate high value solutions, estimate project cost, develop sound pricing strategies, and write proposals that both communicate the value of our solution and limit Barnhart’s risk.
- Participate in customer site visits, proposal development, and contact development/reviews to ensure complete understanding of scope, contractual obligations, and risk of jobs.
- Review contracts to ensure alignment with proposal scope of work. Negotiate favorable commercial and payment terms and finalize contracts with customers.
- Conduct project handoff meetings with Operations personnel to ensure complete understanding of scope, estimate, contractual obligations and risk of jobs prior to execution.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls from Customer and Salesman documenting new accounts in IFS and communicating leads/opportunities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus program that pays for performance.
- 401K contributions matched up to10% of pay.
- Insurance, vacation and other benefits (details in interview).