Search Our Jobs
Decatur, AL(Full Service)
Job Number: 551/587
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
About the Job – The Project Manager will manage customer projects once awarded in regards to safety, schedule, profit and customer satisfaction. The Project Manager will work closely with project team to develop and maintain an overall project schedule. Show critical path items and anticipate problematic issues. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety plan is effectively communicated to the Superintendent.
- Provide oversight, evaluation and improvement of the efficiency of the project management team. The team is to adhere to the management principles as established by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Participate in customer site visits, proposal development and contract development/reviews to ensure complete understanding of scope, contractual obligations and risk of jobs.
- Work with Project Sales Representative before project development; take the project from sales through development into execution; maintain communication with Project Sales Representative over the course of the project, and document changes that affect the job scope, schedule, or budget agreement.
- Interact with customers, engineers, vendors, suppliers, and others throughout the design and planning phase of the project.
- Work closely with project team to develop and maintain an overall project schedule. Show critical path items and anticipate problematic issues. Responsible to foresee typical issues that historically challenge schedules, construction, and impact project costs. Identify these issues and work with project team to develop solutions to overcome potential problem areas.
- Responsible to regularly and accurately communicate the project status, including schedule, financial status, risk assessment, quality, safety and other key areas.
- Responsible for coordinating work crews and scheduling required equipment.
- Must be willing to travel as needed and be able to work with and manage field leadership.
- Bonus program that pays for performance
- Competitive salary
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k), capped at 10% of Pay
- Company Vehicle
- Medical, Vacation and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and other additional personal and professional benefits are available.
Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience.
Must have experience enough to meet or exceed the essential duties listed above.
A working knowledge and understanding of engineering plans and specifications. Must be mechanically inclined with basic understanding of machinery, heavy construction and basic principles of industrial project flow. Basic math and geometry are necessary. Must demonstrate planning and leadership skills.
An understanding of construction contracts, Windows based software applications, and good time management skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP is preferred.