Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 319/338
Join the leader in engineered Heavy Lift and Transport!
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety
SETTING IDEAS IN MOTION - At Barnhart we are in the business of assisting companies in moving and installing equipment of any size. Whether it's a lift of a few feet or a transport across the country, we set your vision in motion through an unparalleled network of resources and innovative engineering solutions that defy convention. If you can dream it, Barnhart can make it a reality.
Over 40 BRANCHES ACROSS THE U.S - The strongest network of rigging experts and equipment in the country. Barnhart's network includes a long list of "cool tools," including PSTe Goldhofer trailers, cranes from 18 to 1,800 tons, Strand-jacks, Cantilever beams, Hydraulic Gantries, Self tailing devices, Skidding Systems, and the Modular Lift
Employer of Choice – Barnhart has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. We strive to do the impossible lifting and transporting as “One TEAM”. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Fabrication Shop Foreman
- Performs various fabrication shop duties including welding, cutting, fitting, and operating equipment such as fork lifts, band saws, shears, drill press, etc.
- Must attend all safety meetings and training sessions
- Will be expect to acquire qualifications in the use of material handling equipment
- Prepares material for fabrication shop duties including cutting and grinding of pieces as well as selection of hand and/or construction/shop drawings
- Responsible for accurate layout and fit-up component parts for final welding assembly using engineered construction/shop drawings
- Some travel to local jobsites as well as occasional out of town travel will be required
- Communication Skills
- High School Graduate or GED
- Driver’s License
- Machine Shop: 2.00+ (years)