Search Our Jobs
Desktop Support Technician
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 1118/1206
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide front-line hands on or remote technical support to end-users on various technical issues and problems relating to desktop hardware, operating systems, software, network, cabling, mobile devices, and peripherals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the implementation/configuration/testing/deployment of desktop hardware/peripherals and software; which may include building desktop/laptop computers with base image and layer additional applications as requested.
- Clean and maintain computer hardware according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Move computers and peripherals to new locations when requested.
- Run network cabling and terminate
- Install and configure conference rooms
- Responsible for local and network printer configuration and troubleshooting.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Addresses clients concerns regarding computer standards/procedures and suggest ways to make things more efficient.
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups resolving Desktop related help desk tickets.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Provide hardware maintenance such as board replacement, cable switching, communications assistance and hardware installation, upgrade and replacement.
- Performs basic server task such as restarting servers, checking network and power cables, network connectivity and ping and trace route commands.
- Maintain Desktop related documentation such as inventories and Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) tracking.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Computer Skills: Demonstrated experience with various PC operating systems, application and remote connectivity, anti-virus/anti-spy, ghosting and other imaging software products. Good knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals. General understanding of networks and network components.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Education and Experience:
•College or technical degree preferred
• 2 years’ Previous experience in similar role