Search Our Jobs
Tool and Logistics Manager - WIND
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: 1119/1205
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Summary of this Opportunity:
Seeking a professional to determine the equipment and material needs for specific projects. Project needs will be based on factors such as the turbine type, number of turbines, scope of work, construction schedule, geographic location/topography weather conditions, and other project – specific factors.
- Based on the project procurement needs, develop a checklist to include standard and special needs. Standard needs would include turbine-specific tools and rigging, hydraulic tools, all-terrain lifts and RT cranes, ect.
- Set-up job containers and tool containers for each project to include all standard supplies as well as project-specific tools and equipment.
- Manage the cost-effective expenditures of company assets and assure availability of materials, tools, and equipment as required.
- Purchase supplies and services to support wind turbine erection projects using established national and regional accounts. Establish local accounts as necessary.
- Monitor and report vendor performance to Procurement Manager to identify on time delivery of purchase orders and competitiveness. Maintain high ethics in relations between company and suppliers. Evaluate suppliers for performance, quality, and cost.
- Maintain site records for all purchases to match with invoices perhaps approving billings to the project.
- Adaptation to onsite urgent needs such as tool repair, parts replacement, equipment repair, or similar items.
- Anticipate and plan for the foreseeable project needs; prepare to address unplanned needs in keeping with good purchasing practices and company guidelines and policies.
- Travel – 50%
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks with little direct supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid analytical and negotiation skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Software and Management Reporting expertise in CRM tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Education – Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required.