Search Our Jobs
Paint Shop Foreman
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1031/1112
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Summary of this Opportunity:
- Manage 3 or more technicians and the paint schedule to maximize efficient, quality products.
- Troubleshoot various support systems to include shop air compressors, blast booth pot, paint booth ventilation, etc.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and maintaining the Paint Production Schedule.
- Being flexible to adjust to urgent demands of company needs.
- Lead the men in safety and performance by following Barnhart Safety program and core values.
- Perform bodywork on various vehicles (tractors, pickups and passenger vehicles.)
- Develop full-time and part-time employees in trade skills and team skills.
- Maintain equipment: fork lifts, paint equipment, compressor, etc.
- Communicate completed projects to supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and orderly shop.
- Develop continuous improvement ideas in Paint Shop.
- Performs various supervisory duties at the direction of Fabrication Services Manager.
- Model and foster a team work environment.
- Requires qualification in use of material handling equipment. (Forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Education – Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in autobody or industrial paint production.
- Good general knowledge of paint and paint application.
- Possess a professional, safe and cooperative work place demeanor.
- Ability to read shop drawings, work request forms, delivery tickets, etc. to verify and execute requested work.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and various software to support the work needs.
- Pass drug screen, clean background check.