Search Our Jobs
Canton, OH(Full Service)
Job Number: 1147/1215
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Coordinate and supervise the shipment, loading and unloading of customer equipment that is being stored at a Barnhart designated location.
- Responsible for inspecting equipment and documenting findings in written report inclusive of photo descriptions when needed.
- Ensure bill of ladings with photos to are given to appropriate Sales Rep or Dispatcher after inventory movements.
- Manage the space allocated to specific customers. Ensure proper billing of the space per appropriate customer while keeping areas clean of debris and other improperly placed material.
- Document all on-site handling of equipment and ensure it is included within monthly billing.
- Provide monthly storage management reports for sales team and branch management.
- Responsible for inventory control. Managing the BOL’s and logging the inventory into the system. This is inclusive of incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Responsible for documenting damages found upon delivery to Barnhart as well as damage that occurred under Barnhart’s care. Communicating with Branch Manager and the Barnhart Sales Representative.
- Ensure warehouses are in good conditions, accesses are secure and operational. This includes power and heating where required.
- Manage the branch Tool Room keeping inventory and logging in/out all hand tools for projects.
- Inventory all stock consumables and notify Branch Manager of items at re-order levels.
- Assist in fueling of equipment in the yard and on job sites.
- Drive tractor trailer when needed to support project work.
- Assist in load out/load in of equipment needed on work sites.
- Must have a CDL A
- Communication Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Working knowledge of tools and rigging equipment
- Basic computer skills a plus