Search Our Jobs
Assistant Project Manager - Project Equipment Group
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1265/1339
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Schedules and coordinates work (labor, equipment and materials) with the Director of Operations.
- Work in a fast pace site office environment.
- 30% - 50% travel time
- Work with Project Manager in project planning, scheduling, coordination and invoicing through execution and payment.
- Direct and manage the site team consisting of Construction Manager, Site Safety Manager, Site Logistics Manager and Site Quality Assurance Manager.
- Ensure efficiency and compliance to policy and procedures.
- Develops crew list Project Manager, Director of Operations and Quality Assurance Director (for QA personnel assignments).
- Coordinate transportation (permitting) and logistics tasks regarding and and all equipment and tooling needs with Division Logistics Manager assist pertains to mobilization/demobilization.
- Manage, interact and cultivate a working relationship with the client/customer.
- Work closely with Health and Safety team audits and weekly safety focuses.
- Be the contract expert. Understand and address potential scope and schedule changes, assist Project Manager with development, submittals and negotiations related to change orders.
- Establish lines of communication with local union representatives; negotiate and coordinate appropriate manpower needs.
- Responsible to regularly and accurately communicate the project status, including schedule, profitability, quality control, safety concerns with executive project and Support service team.
- Maintain a project file with SharePoint.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with manager and supervision.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Consultation skills.
- Project Management Experience.
- Wind Energy related experience is preferred.
- Education in Engineering or Construction Technology preferred.
- Ability to travel and work on assignments – four to six week tours.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- 401K contributions matched up to10% of pay.
- Insurance, vacation and other benefits (details in interview).