Search Our Jobs
Trucking Account Manager
Chicago, IL(Rigging & Transport)
Job Number: 945/1023
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Barnhart Crane and Rigging Company is seeking an experienced logistics professional who has experience in the transportation industry as well as knowledge of over size over weight, including a knowledge of transportation equipment. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with experience scheduling and managing time. At Barnhart, our core values are Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness and Profit with a Purpose.
- Develop and coordinate logistics and trucking solutions for the Branch as well as project work
- Develop performance metrics and management reports for tracking progress
- Develop relationships with other branches and external customers to maximize transportation synergies within planned projects
- Generate sales opportunities, negotiate favorable terms and close deals
- Monitor, track and provide updates for shipments to customers
- Input drivers and equipment into dispatch software
- Acquire routes and permits for over-sized, over-weight vehicles
- Receive inbound phone calls from customers for sizing, scheduling, and booking of transportation services
- Receive inbound phone calls from customers for sizing, scheduling, and booking of cranes
- Gather and process employee time cards daily and submit weekly to the branch manager and payroll office
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test and background check
- Must have a valid driver license
- Competitive salary
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k), capped at 10% of Pay
- Medical, Paid Time Off and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and other additional personal and professional benefits are available.