Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1253/1299
Join the leader in engineered Heavy Lift and Transport!
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety
SETTING IDEAS IN MOTION - At Barnhart we are in the business of assisting companies in moving and installing equipment of any size. Whether it's a lift of a few feet or a transport across the country, we set your vision in motion through an unparalleled network of resources and innovative engineering solutions that defy convention. If you can dream it, Barnhart can make it a reality.
Over 40 BRANCHES ACROSS THE U.S - The strongest network of rigging experts and equipment in the country. Barnhart's network includes a long list of "cool tools," including PSTe Goldhofer trailers, cranes from 18 to 1,800 tons, Strand-jacks, Cantilever beams, Hydraulic Gantries, Self tailing devices, Skidding Systems, and the Modular Lift
Employer of Choice – Barnhart has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. We strive to do the impossible lifting and transporting as “One TEAM”. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
- Works under the supervision of Fabrication Shop Foreman.
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to priorities, and complies and maintains manual or computerized records.
- Coordination of manufacturing operations for all welding and welding-related activities.
- Attends all safety and training as required.
- May arrange for repair and assembly of material or part.
- Responsible for accurate layout and fit-up of component parts for final welded assembly using engineered construction/shop drawings.
- Receive, track, stock and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Model safety in work performance.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance work on equipment and related tools.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Hourly employee, excellent benefits
- Other duties may be assigned
- In depth knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations and their application to the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to plan and execute daily and weekly scheduled tasks.
- Experience with welding tools and equipment.
- General knowledge of and experience in steel fabrication in a production shop environment.
- Knowledge of shield metal and flex core arc welding.
- Possess a professional, safe and cooperative work place demeanor.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Great analytical skills and oral communication skills.
- Pass drug screen and Fit-for-Duty, clean background check.
- Must work well with others.