Search Our Jobs
Site QA Manager - Capital Projects
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: 317/350
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Review turbine manufacturer’s manuals and specifications for each turbine to be installed and develop protocols and construction processes to comply with manufacturer’s requirements
- Oversee inspection procedures and documentation for each process performed by the Operations Team from start to finish of wind turbine erection projects
- Seek to improve QA processes through lessons learned, project experiences and input from personnel
- Assign site QA personnel to tasks and provide training in quality procedures and methodology
- Provide QA technical support and troubleshooting. Measure and improve process reliability and quality by evaluating trends, failure models and opportunities. Work with Operations Teams to improve results
- Support quality related communication and training programs
- Work with Project Managers and Site Managers in the planning stage of the project to develop a project specific QA plan and determine necessary resources to implement the project QA plan
- Integrate safety requirements into QA work processes by working with Site Safety Manager
- Conduct regular meetings with QA project personnel to review QA processes and effectiveness
- Work with key representatives from the turbine manufacturer, transporter, Owner, General Contractor and Subcontractors to plan for successfully implementing the erection work in coordination with all other elements of the project including mechanical completion, commissioning and document submittals
- Position requires travel and often long hours
- Full-time position, benefits package, incentive pay, 401K
- A minimum of three years professional experience in related work. Knowledge of heavy lift equipment and /or plant operations is a plus
- Understanding of quality assurance as a part of construction processes including the documentation of QA procedures
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with MS Office
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass drug test, fit-for-duty test and background check
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Education – Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required.