Search Our Jobs
Director of Operations - Logistics & Trucking
Knoxville, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1402/1480
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Oversee personnel assignments
- Work with PM’s and SM’s for; project equipment assignments, tooling assignment, personnel assignments. Challenge project execution and plans for continuous improvement.
- Verify safety and adhere to policy
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Training, coaching and advancement of personnel
- Pursue and assist the team of the sale’s goal of the Wind Division
- Be the expert in the field of crane specification and transport option
- Be knowledgeable of the major turbine type and how they are erected, maintained, and repaired
- Develop and maintain key customers that provide long term revenue and profit potential
- Pursue opportunities for project and maintenance services within our core competencies.
- Perform site walks for potential work
- Innovate, “think outside the box” & bring cost saving ideas to the team
- Manage the tools, rigging and major equipment assets
- Ensures an efficient “project hand off” with sales team and assigned Project Manager
- Visit site and audit activities ensuring efficiency and compliance to policy and procedures
- Review project dashboards to compare actual to budget (estimate) man hours, costs, and forecast profitability.
- Full-time position, benefits, salary, compensation package, incentive pay
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with MS Office and MS Project, effective written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, must pass drug test, fit for duty and background check
Education – Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required.