Search Our Jobs
Kingsport, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1482/1563
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Reconciliation of job tickets/daily time sheets and input into IFS system
- Daily review jobs for the next day and communicate with the trucking companies
- Receive trucking requests from personnel
- FMCSA Carrier Ratings/DOT Compliance knowledge preferred
- Contact carrier via phone and email
- Carrier selection for awarded shipment
- Tracking shipment process
- Preview jobs for the next day and communicate with crews
- Ability to work as a “Team Player” in a fast-paced work environment
- Position may require weekend and after hours on call
- Must be high school graduate
- Prior timekeeping experience required
- Must have mechanical understanding of equipment
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Computer and operations experience with trucking background
- Geographic knowledge of Branch territory
- Basic computer skills
- Dispatching experience and over dimensional trucking knowledge (preferred)
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty and background check
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance available after 90 days of employment
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities