Search Our Jobs
Knoxville, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1190/1225
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Responsible for performing PM and corrective maintenance on diesel engines, booms, electrical systems (including troubleshooting onboard computer systems), hydraulic systems (booms, outriggers, pumps), brakes and other basic components
- Must have the ability to work on hydraulic and conventional cranes, forklifts, tractor trailers and miscellaneous equipment
- Must work well and communicate effectively with operators and other mechanics
- Competitive pay, company or union benefits
- Full – time hourly position, excellent benefit package
- Minimum of 3 years experience in crane maintenance with proven troubleshooting skills
- Experience in crane operations (CCO is highly desirable)
- Must work safely in a fast paced environment – many times under pressure
- Experience with Grove, Demag, Link Belt and Liebherr cranes
- Experience in diesel, gasoline and propane engines
- Proven ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Must have appropriate ASE certifications
- Must have current CDL
- Willing to travel for days to weeks at a time, sometimes with limited notice
- Creative thinking skills to make continuous improvements
- Willing to work day and night shifts, weekends and holidays
- Basic rigging knowledge and experience in the heavy construction business
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test and background check