Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 319/338
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Fabrication Shop Foreman.
- Performs various fabrication shop duties including welding, cutting, fitting, forming and operating equipment such as forklifts, brake press, band saws, shears, drill press, etc.
- Must attend all safety meetings and training sessions.
- Will be expect to acquire qualifications in the use of material handling equipment.
- Prepares material for fabrication shop duties including cutting and grinding of pieces as well as selection of hand and/or construction/shop drawings.
- Responsible for accurate layout and fit-up component parts for final welding assembly using engineered construction/shop drawings.
- Some travel to local jobsites as well as occasional out of town travel will be required.
- Good Communication Skills
- In depth knowledge of OSHA regulations and their application to the manufacturing environment.
- Experience with welding tools and equipment.
- General knowledge of and experience in steel fabrication in a production or job shop environment. 5 – 10 years, experience.
- Proficient in Shielded Metal Arc (SMAW) and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) processes.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills and great analytical skills.
- Good drawing interpretive skills.
- Possess a professional, safe and cooperative work-place demeaner.
- Must work well with others.
- Ability to pass drug screen and Fit-for-Duty, clean background check.
- Knowledge of AWS D1.1 Structural Steel Welding Code.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Driver’s License
- Machine Shop: 2.00+ (years)