Search Our Jobs
Phoenix, AZ(Rigging & Transport)
Job Number: 1479/1566
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Coordinate and supervise the shipment, loading and unloading of customer equipment that is being stored at a Barnhart designated location.
- Establish and maintain high morale while supervising crews, assigning job tasks, and producing highly productive cycle times for labor, equipment, and materials
- Responsible for inspecting equipment and documenting findings in written report inclusive of photo descriptions when needed.
- Correspond with customer through email, phone and face to face interaction when necessary.
- Send bill of ladings with photos to customer after inventory movements.
- Manage the space allocated to specific customers. Ensure proper billing of the space per appropriate customer while keeping areas clean of debris and other improperly placed material.
- Document all on-site handling of equipment and ensure it is included within monthly billing.
- Provide monthly storage management reports for sales team and branch management inclusive of anticipated cost and revenue by customer.
- Meet the needs of our storage customers, providing extra services and tracking the expenses for billing.
- Supervise the storage team. Ensure they are working safely, with PPE, and are working with proper JHAs
- Responsible for inventory control. Managing the BOL’s and logging the inventory into the system. This is inclusive of incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Responsible for documenting damages found prior to arriving to Barnhart as well as damage that occurred under Barnhart’s care. Communicating with Branch manager and then the customer.
- Ensure warehouses are in good conditions, accesses are secure and operational. This includes power and heating were required.
- Must be able to respond to emergency callouts
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Knowledgeable of electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Ability to perform Preventative Maintenance and repairs as required.
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Communication Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Knowledge of heavy lift equipment and or/ plant operations is a plus
- CRANE AND RIGGING 2.00 Year(s)
- FOREMAN 5.00 Year(s)
- Able to obtain CDL license
- Forklift qualified
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations
- Ability to maintain written documentation of daily activities
- Flexible schedule, able to travel and work overtime
- Pass drug screen, clean background