Search Our Jobs
Yard Lead - Project Equipment Group
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1522/1613
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Coordinate and execute load-out of PEG (Project Equipment Group) and Memphis equipment located on the 1701 Dunn Avenue facility.
- As occasion arises, deliver “hot-shot” material to jobsites.
- Ensure that yard area is kept organized and orderly in appearance.
- Communicate daily with PEG Dispatch regarding load-out and delivery schedule
- Operate forklifts of various sizes (10k to 120k) for the purpose of moving and relocating equipment and materials
- Ensure that all Bills of Laden pertaining to PEG equipment are accurately completed and a signed copy is returned to PEG Dispatch for each load leaving/entering the facility.
- Perform visual inspections on all PEG-related equipment leaving/entering the facility. Report any equipment deficiencies to PEG Dispatch.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Must work safely in a fast-paced environment - many times under pressure
- One-year forklift experience required
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Able to troubleshoot equipment problems and quickly determine corrective actions
- Proven organizational skills
- Class A CDL required after six months of successful employment
- Flexibility to work long hours as needed, some weekend work required
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty and background check
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance is available after 90 days of employment
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities