Search Our Jobs
Director of Safety and Quality
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 1524/1615
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Serve the branch network by assisting branch managers in developing and maintaining a strong safety culture of acceptable risk management.
- Serve senior management by managing the companies IR and EMR.
- Serve the branch safety professionals by maintaining communication, coordinating safety initiatives, assisting them in injury management, assessment of operational risk, and in accident investigations.
- Participate and many times lead accident and personal injury investigations including report generation and root cause analysis.
- Interface with customers on safety and quality issues.
- Working with senior and regional management, develop and implement programs associated with safety and quality improvements.
- Analyze company accident and training statistics for trends and recommend actions for improvement.
- Maintain the quality of the enterprise electronic incident reporting system.
- Maintain the Company’s Safety, Security, Health and Environmental Programs.
- Maintain the company’s ISO 9001:2105 quality program and certification.
- Maintain the company’s Job Observation reporting system and analyze the data for trends.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years in a leadership capacity with proven experience in developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Strategic thinking and vision coupled with strong leadership and management background.
- Solid understanding of 29 CFR 1910 and 1926. (Experience in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart CC preferred.)
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and technical written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in root cause analysis is preferred.
- Experience in injury, IR, and EMR management is preferred.
- Working understanding of ASME B30 is preferred.
- Experience in the heavy construction industry is preferred.
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 and NQA-1 quality programs is preferred.
- Able to travel with limited notice.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Pass drug screen, and a clean background.
- Valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Company vehicle
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities