Search Our Jobs
Sales Development Representative
Job Number: 1508/1599
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Barnhart’s Sales Development Representative (SDR) function is responsible for helping to build high quality meeting and opportunity pipelines for our Branch Sales Teams. You will be responsible for generating those pipelines necessary for expanding Top Accounts – prospect, under-developed and key accounts. As a member of our Sales & Marketing Team you will work closely with the Senior VP of Sales, Director of Marketing, Focus Market Managers, as well as our branch sales teams, to help develop branch sales activity (such as meeting and presentations) and uncover opportunities.
- Focus on contacting and qualifying customer contact within identified accounts to:
- Perform second level discovery to uncover concerns, needs, and opportunities.
- Use virtual meeting technology to present Barnhart’s capabilities that address items uncovered in the discovery process.
- Prospect and develop in-bound leads from Marketing streams.
- Nurture customer relationships using a variety of outreach tools maintaining contact and developing customer understanding of Barnhart’s capabilities until they are ready to meet directly with Branch team member.
- Manage all CRM activity relating to your sales processes.
- Follow up with Branch Teams to insure complete and thorough customer hand-offs.
- Connect with customers utilizing a variety of channels such as phone, email, social media, web-based tools & outbound calling programs.
- 1-2 years experience in Sales/Business Development with knowledge of CRMs and virtual meeting tools a distinct advantage but not essential.
- 1 -2 years in manufacturing, construction, heavy industrial or related industries.
- Technical degree a strong advantage (engineering, construction management, etc)
- Proficient at listening and interview skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience using PowerPoint, Zoom, WebEx and other presentation tools.
- Exemplify personal drive, determination, process excellence, and the highest of ethical standards.
- Have proven personal success in sales or deep working knowledge of sales cycle processes.
- Strong understanding of our business, the markets we serve, and the buying processes of our customers.
- Care and understanding to learn about the customer's needs and acts as an advocate for our Branch Sales Teams to meet those needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and persuasive skills essential
- Must pass drug test, fit-for-duty exam
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities