Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 1511/1602
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Essential Duties of this Opportunity:
The Barnhart Buyer provides leadership and oversight for Operations Administration on direct and indirect spend categories, required to support Operations. These categories include raw materials, maintenance, repairs, operations, engineering and services.
- Manage 5% initiative.
- Evaluate and establish relationships with suppliers based on quality, cost, service, availability and reliability.
- Negotiate with vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and manage procedures and metrics to ensure efficient customer service and continuous improvement.
- Communicate and negotiate with vendors, internal and external customers.
- Analyze buying trends, market conditions, budgets and material policies.
- Oversee all activities related to procurement from intent to purchase through delivery.
- Assure on-time acquisition and delivery of materials.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program that pays for performance
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k), capped at 10% of Pay
- Medical, Paid Time Off and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and others will be provided during interview
Purchasing experience in construction and/or industrial industries.
Mechanically inclined and a proven track record of success in operational purchasing.
Computer Software and Management Reporting expertise in communicating metrics, processes and enhancements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience.
Experience: Over 2 years of purchasing and inventory experience.