Search Our Jobs
Strategic Accounts Manager
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: 1644/1741
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Our ideal team member will:
- Market or Service development through direct sales activity, branch sales assistance and new service development.
- Accountable to the SVP of Sales and Marketing with direct reporting responsibility to the assigned Market Manager or VP of Sales
- Research and develop strategy and target accounts through independent effort and in cooperation with branch and corporate resources.
- Develop an understanding of target account structure and organization
Identify key personnel within the Decision-Making Unit--Economic Buyers, Technical Buyers, Users, Influencers and Coaches in all account silos
- Create and organize the account and contacts in Salesforce.com/IFS with local branch sales assignments
- Establish relationships focused on influencing decisions to award to Barnhart
- Maintain an Account Strategy and Account Matrix for each account
- Conduct discovery meetings and presentations at all levels within the account
- Differentiate Barnhart within each account serving local branches where applicable and according to local services offered
- Identify all opportunities within the account for Barnhart work and drive our estimating and proposal strategy
- Conduct annual account reviews with the key contacts to assess our performance, migrate, and identify new opportunities
- Assist branches in the understanding of contract issues and liabilities and assist with resolution of contract / performance issues as needed
- Communicate regularly with the Barnhart Sales & Marketing team and provide updates on account progress, opportunities and strategy
- Close (direct and assist) a minimum of $10M in job value.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program that pays for performance
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k), capped at 10% of Pay
- Company Vehicle
- Medical, Vacation and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and others will be provided during interview
Leadership developing and owning customer relationships, Minds Over Matter proposal development, Closing opportunities and collaborating with the Execution Team.
Proven track record as a self-starting and self-motivated sales professional.
Mechanically inclined and a proven track record of success in rigging, lifting, fabrication, maintenance or transportation execution.
Computer Software and Management Reporting expertise in CRM tools.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience.
Experience: Five to ten years of experience in related field preferred and the skills to be a self-starting and self-motivated sales professional.