Search Our Jobs
Knoxville, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1517/1606
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Operate forklift and overhead gantry crane to load/unload equipment
- Maintain yard and equipment organization
- Assist hydraulic shop with transport and/or repair equipment
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently, follow an equipment organizational plan, develop a leadership mentality to enforce the plan and work with other people from other departments and or branches of the company to maintain yard organization and cleanliness. Because of these demands, this position requires excellent communication and organizational skills
- High school diploma required
- Must work safely in a fast-paced environment-many times under pressure
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- One-year forklift experience required
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Able to troubleshoot equipment problems and quickly determine corrective actions
- Creative thinking skills to make continuous improvements
- Proven organization skills
- Ability to confront people when needed and lead through example
- Class A CDL required after six months of successful employment
- Basic rigging knowledge
- One-year experience in the heavy construction business
- Flexibility to work long hours as needed, some weekend work required
- Must pass drug screen, fit for duty test and clean background check