Search Our Jobs
Jackson, MS(Full Service)
Job Number: 1773/1862
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Job Description: Provide transportation and trucking solutions for the Barnhart Memphis branch. Establish and grow a book of business for trucking solutions for the Memphis Branch.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and coordinate logistics and trucking solutions for the Memphis Branch day trade crane sales business as well as project work.
- Develop performance metrics and management reports for tracking progress.
- Develop relationships with other branches and external customers to maximize transportation synergies within planned projects.
- Generate sales opportunities, negotiate favorable terms and close deals.
- Monitor, track and provide updates for shipments to customers.
- Develop and train team where needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and computer skills.
- Able to multi-tasking in a changing environment.
- Motivated and requiring minimum supervision.
- Prior work experience managing trucking scheduling and logistics solutions is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- 401K contributions matched up to10% of pay.
- Insurance, vacation and other benefits (details in interview).