Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 1779/1876
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Barnhart operates nationwide with complex tax compliance responsibilities in numerous states and local jurisdictions, requiring a concerted effort to remain abreast of current regulations.
- Prepare and file numerous online state sales/use tax returns, gross receipts returns, and business registrations
- Ensure compliance with each of the states’/jurisdictions’ sales and use tax laws
- Assist with state and jurisdiction sales/use tax audit preparations and responses
- Assist in addressing issues and questions from the branches regarding sales/use tax
- Maintain sales tax codes in database as rates change
- Prepare lengthy Personal Property Tax renditions adhering to jurisdiction regulations
- Review, investigate, and correct errors in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Cross train and fill in for absent personnel as needed
- Special projects and/or assignments as needed
- Assist with the annual financial audit
- Perform month-end close procedures including journal entry preparation, sales tax GL account reconciliations and related analysis
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Business Administration with 1-3 years of experience, or 2 year degree in Accounting or Business Administration with 5+ years of experience
- 3-7 years of multi-state corporation sales tax experience preferred
- Experience with filing Personal Property Taxes preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to thoroughness, detail, and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, growth-oriented environment
- Must be proactive in generating process improvement ideas and helping to drive change
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities