Search Our Jobs
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: 1889/1987
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Safety Program.
- Manage the Company’s Safety, Security, Health and Environmental Programs.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure company compliance to regulations associated with Safety and Environmental Protection.
- Perform operational risk assessments of the company operation.
- Conduct safety and environmental development training.
- Oversee the Company’s Safety Incentive Program.
- Report accidents and statistics as directed by Company policy and corporate directives.
- Develop and produce reports for use by management concerning Safety, Security, Health and Environmental issues.
- Analyze Company accident and training statistics for adverse trends and recommend actions for improvement.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct accident and personal injury investigations including report generation and root cause analysis. Assist Branch Safety Managers in the performance of Accident Investigations.
- Conduct Safety audits in accordance with company policy or as directed by VP Engineering and Technical Services.
- Participate in Accident Review Boards for all reportable injuries in accordance with company policy.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree from accredited college.
- Environmental health and safety management experience in the heavy construction industry preferred.
- Minimum of three years in a leadership capacity with proven experience in developing and implementing strategic company-wide safety programs.
- Strategic thinking & vision coupled with strong leadership and management background.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Pass drug screen, clean background.
- Valid driver’s license.