Search Our Jobs
Lifting and Transportation Trainee - 1280/1358
Job Number: #
Join the Crane Guys!
Why Crane Sales and Service?
MIDWEST LEADER – Crane Sales & Service is committed to being a distinguished leader in providing products and services to the crane equipment and construction industries. We offer new crane installation, existing crane updates, on-site 24 hour service, inspections, repairs, and parts for all mobile and industrial crane applications.
Represent the Premier Manufacturers – CSS is an authorized dealer for Link-Belt Cranes, Manitex Boom Trucks, Elliott Boom Trucks and Aerial Equipment, Shuttlelift Gantry and Industrial Cranes, PM Knuckle Boom Cranes, and Broderson Industrial Cranes. We also offer a large fleet of bare rental cranes from 5 tons to 600 tons. Awarded Link Belt Top 5 Dealer for North America.
Employer of Choice – CSS has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. Our employees are highly valued, empowered and provided with cutting-edge technology, training and opportunities for personal growth. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
Essential Duties of this Opportunity:
- Assist the Service Manager and Parts person with scheduling work
- Order parts for jobs
- Enter sales orders, business opportunities, prepare contracts, data entry and invoicing
- Customer support and follow up
- Maintains customer data base by inputting customer profiles and documenting customer interactions
- Assist with project management and other sales related duties
- Manage customer account statements and aging report. Provide assistance with answering of the phones as needed. Assist with DOT & 1FTA records keeping.
- Take incoming customer parts calls
- Provide parts support for the service department and place service technician orders
- Look up part numbers in technical manuals and online
- Research price and availability of parts
- Pack and ship parts to customers and function as shipper/receiver
- Maintain stock inventory and order emergency parts
- Support service manager with customer quoting and technician scheduling based on parts availability
- Reports to Dealership Manager
Crane Sales & Service Offers:
- Competitive pay
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10%
- Medical, Vacation and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and others will be provided during interview
- 2+ years sales or customer service work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized, able to multi-task and team oriented
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within scope of position
- Have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Able to plan, organize and execute daily tasks requirements
- Selling Skills
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test and background check
- Ability to ask questions and uncover information while simultaneously recording the information
- Ability to uncover potential work and direct leads to appropriate person
Crane Sales and Service is a division of Barnhart Crane and Rigging Incorporated