Search Our Jobs
Operator - 2059
Phoenix, AZ(Rigging & Transport)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Responsible for operations of cranes in the Barnhart Phoenix fleet
- Reports to branch manager, and or branch dispatcher
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers
- Shows commitment to BCR safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Assembles and installs supporting structures, rigging, hoist and pulling gear
- Attaches load to rigging to provide support or prepare for moving using hand and power tools
- Connects pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures with bolts, shackles and clamps
- Cleans and dresses machine and surfaces of component parts
- Controls movements of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces
- Dismantles, maintains and stores rigging equipment
- Manipulates rigging lines and hoist to move or support materials, steel, concrete etc.
- Selects gear, shackles and cables according to load size, facilities and work schedule
- Signals or gives verbal directions to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Tests rigging to insure safety and reliability before engaging in hoisting or lifting
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Ability to respectfully confront people when needed and lead through example
- One year experience as crane (or comparable equipment) operator
- Communication Skills
- Must have excellent mechanical reasoning
- Good perception of math applications, weights, measurement, and balance
- Must be flexible with your schedule, able to travel and able to work overtime
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty assessment and background check
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must have rigging experience
- CDL - CLASS A OR B