Search Our Jobs
Project Sales Representative - 1779
Mankato, MN(Careers)|Owatonna, MN(Careers)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
About this Job:
Are you an elite sales professional who enjoys the challenge of complex selling from the field to the executive offices? Do you desire a long-term career with a company that believes in its Core Values including “Profit with a Purpose”? Are you looking to work for the best and to be the best in a place where culture matters? If so, Barnhart could be the company in which your skills and abilities can provide you a great career and help build industry across the USA.
Summary of this Opportunity:
We are seeking professional salespersons with the ability to develop accounts in heavy industrial and energy markets with high potential for repeat business. Barnhart is among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 50 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed. We provide transportation and lifting services to move large components via road, rail and water and we work within all types of operating industrial and energy facilities to remove and replace major machinery that require special tools, skills and innovation.
- Develop strategies and tactics to penetrate targeted accounts
- Create and execute an annual sales plan with defined goals and objectives
- Prospect and qualify warm leads
- Conduct discovery meetings with existing and new customers to uncover needs
- Create and deliver solutions and proposal presentations to customer’s decision-making team
- Develop the potential solutions, estimate and prepare tailored proposals
- Close sales by selling value and overcoming objections
- Coordinate front-end project development with our Operations team
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401(k) program with company match up to 10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Company vehicle
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record of business development results including prospecting new business and closing profitable work
- Skilled in identifying, approaching, presenting and building relationships with decision makers within a complex sales environment. Must be comfortable with all levels from field craft to executives.
- Mechanically inclined and a proven track record of success in rigging, lifting, fabrication, maintenance or transportation execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Software and Management Reporting expertise in CRM tools
Education – Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required
Experience – Three to five years of experience preferably in industrial sales, construction, manufacturing, or professional services. And the skills to be a self-starting and self-motivated sales professional.