Search Our Jobs
Proposal Services Specialist - 1743
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Build cost and profit estimates for fixed price projects
- Prepare commercial pricing proposals for fixed price projects
- Collaborate with other Barnhart departments and branch personnel as needed to insure best customer solutions
- Participate in pre-job meetings, job walks and perform route surveys
Knowledge (Possess or Develop):
- Barnhart heavy haul systems
- Barnhart specialty rigging tools and techniques
- Contract risk management
- Crane selection, rigging selection and layouts
- Industrial construction purchasing, project execution and major processes for key markets served
Skills & Abilities:
- Appreciation of information confidentiality
- Good organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Information analysis and mathematical reasoning
- Must be able to set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Must work well with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Technical writing
- Verbal, written and technical writing skills need to be exception (fluent English)
Experience: 1-3 years of experience in related field
Education: Mechanical or Industrial Degree preferred