Search Our Jobs
Rigger - 2119
Sioux City, NE(Full Service)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Aligns, levels and anchors cranes and equipment
- Assembles and installs supporting structures, rigging, hoist and pulling gear
- Connects pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures with bolts, shackles and clamps
- Cleans and dresses machine and surfaces of component parts
- Controls movements of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces
- Dismantles, maintains and stores rigging equipment
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoist to move or support materials, steel and concrete
- Selects gears, cables and shackles according to load size, facilities and work schedule
- Signals or gives direction to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability before engaging in hoisting and lifting
- Must have excellent mechanical reasoning
- Good perception of math applications, weights, measurement, and balance
- Must be flexible with your schedule, able to travel and able to work overtime
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty assessment, and background check
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.