Search Our Jobs
Service Writer - 2017
Lincoln, NE(Full Service)
Job Number: #
Join the Crane Guys!
Why Crane Sales and Service?
MIDWEST LEADER – Crane Sales & Service is committed to being a distinguished leader in providing products and services to the crane equipment and construction industries. We offer new crane installation, existing crane updates, on-site 24-hour service, inspections, repairs, and parts for all mobile and industrial crane applications.
REPRESENT THE PREMIER MANUFACTURERS – CSS is an authorized dealer for Link-Belt Cranes, Manitex Boom Trucks, Elliott Boom Trucks and Aerial Equipment, Shuttlelift Gantry and Industrial Cranes, PM Knuckle Boom Cranes, and Broderson Industrial Cranes. We also offer a large fleet of bare rental cranes from 5 tons to 600 tons. Awarded Link Belt Top 5 Dealer for North America.
EMPLOYER OF CHOICE – CSS has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. Our employees are highly valued, empowered and provided with cutting-edge technology, training and opportunities for personal growth. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
Essential Duties of this Opportunity:
The Service Writer is our critical link between our customer and technician. As the critical link, you will be responsible to communicate with the customer the following:
- Ensure complete understanding in regards to the services rendered
- Continue to keep the customer informed with necessary information based on service
- Accurately verify warranty and service contracts
- Prepare and process Repair Orders accurately, including all costs, deductibles, and descriptions of symptoms, etc.
- Advise customers on additional needed services, explain all benefits
Critical to enhancing the customer experience is assisting in evaluating supplier
Relationships, analyze central buying opportunities & help create programs to harvest these savings. Our Service Writers recognize the value of a team and are effective with:
- Parts department on sourcing parts to fill all repair needs
- Administrative staff for accurate customer billing
- Technicians who perform all mechanical services
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program that pays for performance
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k), capped at 10% of Pay
- Medical, Vacation and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and others will be provided during interview
- Service Advisor/Writer preferred skills and experience in construction and/or industrial industries
- Mechanically inclined and a proven track record of success in sales
- Software and Management Reporting expertise in achieving metrics and mastering processes
- Must pass pre-employment Fit for Duty test & have valid driver’s license with good driving record
Education: Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience
Experience: 1 year minimum previous Service Advisor/Writer experience
Crane Sales and Service is a division of Barnhart Crane and Rigging Incorporated