Search Our Jobs
Sales Manager - 2265
Knoxville, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Lead the profitable growth of the sales team.
- Continue the development of the current sales team.
- Maintain accountability of team to sales goals.
- Provide growth plans for team members.
- Coordinate sales activities with operational availability.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to balance workload of branch resources.
- Implement available technology to promote sales growth.
- Work with centralized business development team on local strategies.
- Recruit and develop additional project sales representatives as required.
- Oversee and coordinate all sales activities at the branch.
- Communicate sales progress to the branch leadership team.
- Collaborate with other Barnhart branches and the corporate service center for sales activities.
- Train and implement in-person and virtual capabilities presentation with sales team.
- Develop new geographic target areas and markets.
- Manage existing accounts and service clients for the purpose of growth and retention.
- Assist in the development of the annual branch sales plan.
- Markets served by the branch include:
- Familiarity with industrial construction sites, service contracting, and heavy equipment is required.
- Sales performance is measured in terms of bid activity, closed sales, profitability, and teamwork.
- Full time position, benefits, and compensation package.
- Sales management experience preferred.
- Ability to understand contractual obligations and communicate to leadership team.
- Ability to communicate with technical teams both internally and externally.
- Experience selling solutions to government, commercial, industrial, and contractor accounts.
- Proficient with business software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong Communication skills including technical writing.
- Track record of successful account development.
- Skilled at prospecting and lead generation.
- Experience in heavy construction and rigging industry preferred.
- Pass drug test, clean background check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401(k) program with company match up to 10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Company vehicle
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities