Search Our Jobs
Accounting Clerk - 2325
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Reconcile supplier statements and follow up to keep accounts current.
- Communicates with suppliers regarding past due and or missing invoices/payments.
- Research branch AP issues and work with branch and vendor to correct and update.
- Coordinates payment proposals and approvals for manual checks and check runs.
- Manage incoming invoices sent by email or mail and forward to appropriate branch for approval and processing.
- Coordinate supplier record corrections with Control.
- Record entries for items debiting the cash account.
- Monthly audit of new suppliers to confirm accurate payment terms.
- Verifies payments before controller’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors’ ledger).
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Answer vendor calls and provide payment information.
- Review lein waivers/customer payments and prepare for signature.
- Work with Collections department to pinpoint critical accounts.
- Assist with customer payment research.
- Post customer payments when needed.
- Assist with customer record corrections.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Knowledge of IFS or similar software a plus.
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred, with one year of experience in an accounting office; OR three or four years of accounting experience.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant positive impact on others