Search Our Jobs
Mechanic - 2319
Cedar Rapids, IA(Careers)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Responsible for performing PM and corrective maintenance on diesel engines, booms, electrical systems (including troubleshooting onboard computer systems), hydraulic systems (booms, outriggers, pumps), brakes and other basic components
- Must have the ability to work on hydraulic and conventional cranes, forklifts, tractor trailers and miscellaneous equipment
- Must work well and communicate effectively with operators and other mechanics
- Creative thinking skills to make continuous improvements
- Communication Skills
- 5 Years’ Crane Maintenance Experience
- CDL Required
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty physical
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, company or union benefits
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance is available after 90 days of employment
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities