Philadelphia, PA(Rigging & Transport)
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
• Responsible for operation of hydraulic platform trailer used in heavy transport
• Reports to branch manager, and or branch dispatcher
• Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers
• Shows commitment to BCR safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
• Responsible for assembly, configuring, and disassembly of hydraulic platform trailer
• Responsible for daily inspection of all systems of the hydraulic platform trailer
• Responsible for monthly safety inspection of hydraulic platform trailer under operator's control
• Perform preventative maintenance as required to ensure safe and continual service of hydraulic platform trailer
• Responsible for specialized tools assigned to the hydraulic platform trailer operator to complete maintenance and assembly/disassembly procedures
• Responsible for personal compliance with company policy. safety guidelines and procedures that pertain to the hydraulic platform trailer operator's job
• Remains in continual voice (radio), hand, and or communication with job foreman while operating the hydraulic platform trailer
• Participates in safety meetings and other hydraulic platform trailer safety programs
• Assures all transports are within load limits of equipment and correctly secured
• Assures securement gear is inspected prior to use
• Operates hydraulic platform trailer equipment to transport materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Performs tasks assigned by job foreman during transporting procedures
• One year experience as heavy equipment (or comparable equipment) operator
• Additional equipment specific training will be provided
• Completion of High School or secondary education is preferred
• Must have CDL
• Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic Systems and components is preferred
• Able to interpret manufacturer specification sheets and schematics
• Mechanical aptitude preferred
• Must be willing to travel anytime, anywhere for extended periods of time
• Must work well under pressure
• Must maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times