Mobile, AL(Full Service)
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
• Promote and exhibit the core values of the company.
• As member of the branch leadership team, exhibit ownership of the branch business development function, strategy, growth and results. Make your opinion known, offer options and weigh in on decisions that affect the branch.
• Develop the sales and marketing strategy and tactics necessary to achieve team goals.
• Create an environment of high trust, high performance and high regard of others.
• Train and coach salespeople in the company sales process, sales tools and company technical capabilities. Advise and assist them on estimates, bids, offers, contracts, and winning business. Coach, teach, and mentor them on the best practices for sales in Barnhart. Stay involved in the day-to-day efforts of the sales team and be aware of business opportunities and accounts they are pursuing. Attend customer sales meetings and capabilities briefings with the sales team.
• Guide, support and mentor sales team with developing and executing annual sales plans. Conduct an annual sales plan that establishes accounts and efforts for sales in those accounts. This plan development should start with an evaluation of the previous year’s plan, accomplishments, and achievements (or failures).
• Develop market expertise to understand and capitalize on overall potential, market share, competitor intelligence and emerging opportunities.
• Participate in capabilities presentations for key prospects and existing customers.
• Review sales project cost estimates, pricing proposals and evaluate contractual risks.
• Assist with contract negotiations and communicate effectively with contracts risk management.
• Collaborate to ensure best customer solutions utilizing bid review, WebEx, conference calls.
• Develop and cultivate peer and key resource relationships throughout the company to realize market potential. Coordinate branch sales activities with other branches.
• Drive recruiting of talent to the branch with emphasis on sales.
• Establish accountability through weekly sales meetings, monthly salesperson check-in and 6-month performance reviews.
• Work in conjunction with Operations and Project Managers to ensure work is bid and won in a way that supports efficient and profitable operations.
• Markets served by the branch include Refining, Nuclear, Power, Steel, Pulp and Paper, Chemical
• Full time position, benefits and compensation package.
• Sales management experience preferred.
• Experience selling solutions to commercial, industrial, and contractor accounts.
• Proficient with business software (Microsoft Office)
• Strong Communication skills including technical writing.
• Track record of successful account development.
• Skilled at prospecting and lead generation.
• Experience in heavy construction preferred.
• Pass drug test, clean background check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS :
• Competitive salary and performance bonus
• 401(k) program with company match up to 10% of pay
• Family medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off and other benefits
• Company vehicle
• Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities