Mobile, AL(Full Service)
Apply For Job
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 55 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Summary of this Opportunity:
We are seeking professional salespersons with the ability to develop accounts in heavy industrial and energy markets with the specific focus in the Nuclear Power Generation Market. Barnhart is among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 50 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed.
- Employ the Barnhart Value Proposition within the Nuclear Power Generation Market, interfacing with customers in business development, front-end project development, and project execution.
- Develop new and existing relationships at Nuclear Market Top Accounts for the purpose of generating consistent, profitable earnings for the local Barnhart Branch.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions to support Barnhart Customer’s heavy lift and transportation needs. Support includes job walks, presentations, concept sketch development, etc.
- Execute an annual sales plan to employ strategies to grow the Barnhart Branch business within the Nuclear Power market. Example tasks include:
- Prospecting and qualifying warm leads
- Conducting discovery meetings and project site visits with existing and new customers to uncover needs
- Working with the local Barnhart Branch and Engineering to assist in the development of custom project solutions
- Create estimates and tailored proposals to maximize Branch earnings and minimize project risk
- Delivering proposal presentations to the customer’s decision-making team
- Close sales by selling value and overcoming objections
- Work with Branch Operations team to manage Barnhart projects, ensuring Barnhart scopes of work are performed safely, effectively, on schedule, and within budgeted costs.
- Job requires travel of up to 25% per year and the ability to obtain plant access at Nuclear and Government sites.
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401(k) program with company match up to 10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and other benefits
- Company vehicle
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Self-Starting, self-motivated sales professional
- Proven track record of business development results including prospecting new business and closing profitable work
- Skilled in identifying, approaching, presenting and building relationships with decision makers within a complex sales environment. Must be comfortable with all levels from field craft to executives.
- Mechanically inclined and an understanding of Industrial Construction markets including Power, Nuclear, Department of Energy, Manufacturing, etc.
- Technical Background – Engineering, Heavy Equipment, In-Plant Experience, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Software and Management Reporting expertise in CRM tools
- Knowledge of the Crane and Rigging Industry is a plus
Education – Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required
Experience – Two to four years of experience, preferably in industrial sales, construction, manufacturing, or professional services.
Apply For Job