Phoenix, AZ(Rigging & Transport)
Apply For Job
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 55 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Supervision responsibilities for oversight of one of the teams performing a specific task related to the turbine erection phase of wind power construction
- Establish and maintain high morale while supervising crews, assigning job tasks, and producing highly productive cycle times for labor, equipment and materials
- Demonstrate mastery and safety equipment, materials, processes and ensure all necessary inspections are completed
- Inspect, maintain and demonstrate use of one or more pieces of equipment, and use safety equipment
- Coordination with the Construction Manager to identify and monitor critical items that reduce productivity or complicate scheduling. Help plan the necessary labor, equipment and materials on a daily and weekly schedule
- Must understand the quality assurance requirements for the specific tasks assigned to their crew. Will be responsible to document work processes and inspections to the standards provided by the project QA Manager
- Support the Construction Manager in his responsible for day-to-day construction activities and productivity through planning for each day’s work, having alternate plans if circumstances require a change in work sequence, and through continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of personnel and processes
- Focus on safety of crews, and care of large equipment and cranes
- Must have the ability to work with regional ironworker and operator unions
- Participates in daily operational planning meetings with key project personnel to communicate the work plan of the day
- Position requires extensive travel and often long hours
- A minimum of five years’ experience in related work. Knowledge of heavy lift equipment and or/ plant operations is a plus
- Experience in a supervisory role in a related construction field
- Good leadership and communication skills as necessary to assign and lead the specific projects tasks
- Ability to maintain written documentation of daily activities
- Flexible schedule, able to travel and work overtime
- Pass drug screen, clean background
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Apply For Job