Search Our Jobs
Phoenix, AZ(Rigging & Transport)
Job Number: 337/372
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Responsible for operations of cranes in the Barnhart Phoenix fleet
- Reports to branch manager, and or branch dispatcher
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers
- Shows commitment to BCR safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Assembles and installs supporting structures, rigging, hoist and pulling gear
- Attaches load to rigging to provide support or prepare for moving using hand and power tools
- Connects pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures with bolts, shackles and clamps
- Cleans and dresses machine and surfaces of component parts
- Controls movements of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces
- Dismantles, maintains and stores rigging equipment
- Manipulates rigging lines and hoist to move or support materials, steel, concrete etc.
- Selects gear, shackles and cables according to load size, facilities and work schedule
- Signals or gives verbal directions to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Tests rigging to insure safety and reliability before engaging in hoisting or lifting
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Ability to respectfully confront people when needed and lead through example
- One year experience as crane (or comparable equipment) operator
- Communication Skills
- Must have excellent mechanical reasoning
- Good perception of math applications, weights, measurement, and balance
- Must be flexible with your schedule, able to travel and able to work overtime
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty assessment and background check
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must have rigging experience
- CDL - CLASS A OR B