Search Our Jobs
Strategic Accounts Manager - Refining & Chemical Market
Baton Rouge, LA(Full Service)
Job Number: 18-329 (509/564)
ABOUT THIS JOB: Are you an elite salesperson who has experienced success in a challenging complex industrial or manufacturing sales environment? Are you capable of driving business development results through both personal action and influencing other peers? Do you desire a long-term career with a company that lives its Core Values that include “Profit with a Purpose”? Are you looking to work for the best and to be the best in a place where culture matters? If so, Barnhart could be the company in which your skills and abilities can provide you a great career and help build industry across the USA.
- MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
- NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We are among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 45 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed. Our growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
- ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture. We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration.
Summary of this Opportunity: Barnhart is seeking to add a Strategic Accounts Manager to develop accounts in the Refining and Chemical market with high potential for repeat business. We serve this market with transportation and lifting services to move large components via road, rail and water and we work within all types of operating industrial and energy facilities to remove and replace major machinery that require special tools, skills and innovation.
Key Components of Job Description:
- Develop effective strategies for target accounts in the Refining and Chemical Industry through independent effort and in cooperation with branch and corporate resources.
- Drive growth through direct sales activity, branch sales assistance and creative marketing.
- Develop an understanding of target account structure and organization with focus on identifying key personnel within the Decision-Making Unit.
- Conduct discovery meetings and presentations at all levels within the account.
- Create and organize the account and contact records in our CRM (IFS).
- Identify all opportunities within the account for Barnhart work and drive our estimating and proposal strategy.
- Estimate project costs, develop sound pricing strategies, and write proposals that communicate the value of our solution and manage risks.
- Conduct annual account reviews with the key contacts to assess our performance, and to identify new opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with the Barnhart Sales & Marketing team and provide updates on account progress, opportunities and strategy.
- Close (direct and assist) a minimum of $5M in job value annually.
- Accountable to the SVP of Sales and Marketing with direct reporting responsibility to the assigned Market Manager or VP of Sales.
- Five to Seven years of experience preferably in industrial sales, construction, manufacturing or professional services.
- Developing new customers.
- Producing professional technical and commercial proposals.
- Communicating Value Proposition with high Closing ratio.
- Collaborating with Execution teams.
- Using Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on results.
- $1 for $1 match on 401K up to 10% of pay.
- Company vehicle, computer and phone.
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay.
- Significant impact on others.