Search Our Jobs
Sioux Falls, SD(Full Service)
Job Number: 833/922
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Operations Manager reports directly to the Branch Manager
- Lead, develop, and manage field personnel
- Scheduling of daily jobs, allocation of equipment, and field equipment
- Develop best practices for improving operational efficiencies and job profitability
- Provide support to the Barnhart sales team
- Effectively manage labor and equipment in the daily operation to comply with company goals in the areas of: DOT, SOP, Qual Cards, Personal injury, equipment and property loss, safety audits, equipment maintenance, safety and post job reviews
- Track and assign all training for Field Personnel
- Operations Coordinator will be part of the team that ensures that the branches meet or exceed all of the criteria set out in the Barnhart monthly report card.
- 5-10 years of industrial experience, rigging and/or power generation experience is a plus
- An ability to multi-task and exhibit flexibility in job duties
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to coach others
- Strong computer skills with a superior working knowledge of MS Office Products
- An ability to train, formally and informally, through mentoring and success-based delegation
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty and background check
- College degree preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus program that pays for performance.
- 401K contributions matched up to10% of pay.
- Company vehicle.
- Insurance, vacation and other benefits (details in interview).