Search Our Jobs
IT Systems Engineer
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 859-943
This position is a technical role and responsible for all data center management, backend systems, and end user systems that supports over 40 sites across the United States. The candidate is expected to maintain current day to day operations while making appropriate changes to continuously improve the current environment. In addition to maintaining the current environment, the appropriate candidate should be capable of making intelligent decisions that will help move the company forward to support growth. This will include but not be limited to managing and implementing technical projects (ex. Exchange Online Hybrid, Cisco ISE Deployment). The candidate should be qualified to know industry best practices and be confident to make those changes independently. This position will require a great deal of independence and ability to succeed on one’s own with an extreme amount of attention to detail. While independence is an important factor the ability to communicate and work well within a team environment is also important. The candidate should also be able to work well with outside consultants and technology partners that can often lead to managing those resources during projects.
The Systems Engineer must be very strong technically with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization comfortably and confidently. All Barnhart employees strive to achieve excellence and the appropriate candidate should be confident they can achieve excellence within this position. There will be some travel required.
- The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In depth knowledge of Compellant SANS, Pure Storage ,and VMWare Environments
- Knowledge of Security Protocols along with the ability to configure and maintain a pair Cisco Firepower FTDs.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Nexus OS, Layer 2, Layer 3, and MPLS technologies.
- Cisco UCS Management
- Windows Enterprise PKI
- Familiarity with Cisco Call Management and Unity.
- Well versed in Meraki access points, security appliances, and switching.
- Previous deployments of Exchange Online Hybrid, WSUS, Windows 2008/2012 Servers or greater
- Fileshare storage management
- Active Directory Management, Group Policy, Scripting, DNS/DHCP
- Excellent time management abilities
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Organization development/change management
- Commvault and Veeam Solutions
- Mobile Device Management
- Relational Database Management system, SQL 2008 and higher.
- Helpdesk Ticketing System (Kaseya)
- Familiarity with Powershell and Vbscript
- Hands-on experience from an application development and implementation perspective
- Disaster Recovery implementation, management, and testing experience.
- Provides leadership role in design and implementation of infrastructure architecture
- Provides support to the business and external groups in the use of enterprise systems
- Develops long range infrastructure architecture and strategy
- Assesses brand-new technologies to determine potential value for the enterprise. Provides a source of specialized expertise that can serve the needs of other IT activities
- Documentation procedures for different types of systems; and examination procedure for systems developed as independent islands to insure that they do not conflict with enterprise needs and that any necessary interfaces are constructed
- 5-7 years of related experience
- A 4 year college diploma, university degree, is preferred