Search Our Jobs
Knoxville, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 792/864
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Aligns, levels and anchors cranes and equipment
- Assembles and installs supporting structures, rigging, hoist and pulling gear
- Connects pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures with bolts, shackles and clamps
- Cleans and dresses machine and surfaces of component parts
- Controls movements of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces
- Dismantles, maintains and stores rigging equipment
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoist to move or support materials, steel and concrete
- Selects gears, cables and shackles according to load size, facilities and work schedule
- Signals or gives direction to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Test rigging to insure safety and reliability before engaging in hoisting and lifting
- Must have excellent mechanical reasoning
- Good perception of math applications, weights, measurement, and balance
- Must be flexible with your schedule, able to travel and able to work overtime
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty assessment and background check
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.