Search Our Jobs
Knoxville, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1113/1197
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Lead and manage the maintenance department.
- Lead operators and mechanics on proper maintenance.
- Work hand in hand with Shop Personnel and communicate all equipment maintenance issues that have been reported from the field.
- Lead and manage staff to achieve Industry Standard in maintenance and parts purchasing.
- Provide process improvement to current maintenance system and practices.
- Bid, negotiate rates and approve all maintenance part orders, project materials and supplies.
- Assign and enter all work orders through FC&C.
- Responsible for all invoicing of billable service parts and labor hours.
- Track service calls, equipment down time and available capacity.
- Interface with Sales, Project Management, Dispatch, Operations and Safety to maximize uptime of equipment for revenue producing operations.
- The Maintenance Manager is an integral part of the management team and will be required to participate in all management meetings and daily white-board meetings.
- Responsible for compiling information and submitting equipment maintenance reporting as required for monthly report card.
- Responsible for all Federal and State requirement maintenance records for equipment.
- Perform shop safety audits.
- Leadership required
- Proven track record in Maintenance Leadership of at least 5 years in the construction industry with knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Experience with Crane and/or heavy equipment maintenance preferred.
- Ability to Lead Maintenance Process, Drive Process improvement analysis and achieve industry standard goals.
- Ability to manage; must possess leadership qualities and have excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail-both for financial, budgeting as well as scheduling and time management.
- Computer user experience with databases, email and Microsoft Office products.
- Must pass drug screen and clean background check.
- Salaried position, excellent benefits, 401k match up to 10 %