Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Full Service)
Job Number: 1340/1420
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Responsibilities and Principal Duties:
- Assist with, develop, implement, and monitor training programs within Barnhart.
- Supervise technical training for staff.
- Conduct training sessions.
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations.
- Create testing and evaluation processes.
- Assist with, evaluate needs of company and plan training programs accordingly.
- Provide Barnhart with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Provide performance feedback.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Provide support: logistical, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management.
- Assist with the development and training processes necessary to create a training management system which meets internal, and national standards.
- Review training SOPs and construction processes to comply with Barnhart requirements.
- Continually revise and update training processes through lessons learned, project experiences, and input from field personnel
- Assist in the creation and production of training videos and Learning Management System content
- Position requires some travel and often long hours.
- Full-time position, salary, benefits package, incentive pay, 401K.
- A minimum of 2 years professional training experience in related work. Knowledge of heavy lift equipment and/or plant operations is a plus.
- Understanding of the business advantages of training employees in construction processes including the documentation
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with mobile cranes and rigging, and hydraulics preferred.
- Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
- Experience with LMS system(s) a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test, and background check.