Search Our Jobs
Business Development Representative
Canton, OH(Full Service)
Job Number: 1424/1501
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Summary of this Opportunity:
We are seeking a well-spoken entry level Business Development Representative to be responsible for developing sales opportunities with both existing customers and prospects. The primary focus for this representative will be to establish initial engagement over the phone, lightly introduce Barnhart, determine high-level alignment of audience need and our competency to then secure a follow-up meeting for an assigned account manager. The business development representative will be leveraging state of the art technologies that will included Seismic and ConnectAndSell while also engaging directly with an experienced coach and mentor who will ensure your success. Barnhart is among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 40 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed. We provide transportation and lifting services to move large components via road, rail and water and we work within all types of operating industrial and energy facilities to remove and replace major machinery that require special tools, skills, and innovation.
- Reaching out to existing and potential customers to present our product and service offering.
- Ask discovery and diagnostic questions to engage customers and understand their requirements and needs.
- Gathering and documenting customer information to efficiently transfer knowledge to advance future conversations among a broader Barnhart sales team.
- Learn details about our services and capabilities.
- Direct prospects and leads to the sales team and account managers.
- Develop and maintain updated customer lists by market, industry, and target accounts.
- Engage with customers to identify key account contacts to expand the services we provide them with.
- Answer customers’ questions on our services and schedule follow up meetings/presentations.
- In person work will be required from the Canton, OH branch at least during the ramp up period.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Company Computer and Phone
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Patient and friendly personality with great interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Results oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and proven track record.
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, advanced skills in Excel are preferred.
- Thrives on the challenge of pursuing sales opportunities that are initiated with proven cold calling technology and techniques.
- Develop strategies and tactics to penetrate targeted accounts.
Education – Associate degree or sufficient experience required. Bachelor’s degree in business preferred. Recent college graduates preferred.
Experience – 3-5 years field experience; industrial or construction preferred along with the skills to be self-starting and self-motivated professional.