Search Our Jobs
Gadsden, AL(Full Service)
Job Number: 1284/1360
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Summary of this Opportunity:
Field servicing of customers by conducting site evaluations, preparing quotations and management of small projects. Coordinate daily service of accounts with branch dispatch and field supervision. Strong technical knowledge required for job planning and set-up.
- Promote and participate in leading safety as a company value
- Participate in pre-job meetings, job walks and site surveys
- Layout and select equipment, prepare basic lift and rigging plans with load-out lists
- Become proficient in 3D Liftplanner software
- Record activities, contacts and all sales transactions utilizing IFS
- Write standard pricing proposals.
- Collaborate with branch resources to select the best solution.
- Assist sales in identification of key contacts and opportunities for account growth.
- Provide complete and accurate details for job hand-off to branch dispatch
- Execute a personal development plan - technical and professional training
- Develop a working knowledge of all branch tools and solutions
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Company Vehicle
- Company Computer and Phone
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record of business development results including prospecting new business and closing profitable work.
- Skilled in identifying, approaching, presenting and building relationships with decision makers within a complex sales environment. Must be comfortable with all levels from field craft to executives.
- Mechanically inclined and a proven track record of success in rigging, lifting, fabrication, maintenance or transportation execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer Software and Management Reporting expertise in CRM tools.
Education – High school degree
Experience – 3-5 years field experience; industrial or construction preferred along with the skills to be self-starting and self-motivated professional.